Update firmware offline

mikeguy21

Hi, I have a raspberry pi 4 running 64bit software, installed the command line tool and python lib okay. I have a Multi-IO Stackable HAT and a Eight Thermocouples DAQ HAT. However some things weren't working as expected, like get_button() and the 4-20ma inputs returning values but as they should. I found out by digging around on the github you need different firmware for 64 bit? The issue with me is the pi itself is never connected to internet, but running the update script said it needed internet. I've gotten along fine just copying things over to the device offline, including the python lib and the commandline tool. Is there a way I could download the firmware elsewhere, copy it on, and then install?

In case you need it:

$multiio 0 board
Firmware version 1.5, CPU temperature 49 C, Power source 3.30 V

Also something else I thought was funny was:

$multiio 0 calstat
Calibration in progress

I never touched any of the calibration commands and was planning on just using factory calibration.

Thanks,

Mike

alexburcea

Staff member
Hi,

You have the latest firmware (1.5). The calibration in progress status is wrong reported, there is no calibration in progress if you did not start one.
The two issues that you reported might need a new firmware version which can not be done without the Pi connected to the internet. The update program needs to connect to our server, report in card UID, and receive the firmware if the card is recognized.
Please give me more details about the button and 4-20mA inputs.

Alex.