Search results

1. alexburcea

Mosfet Hat

Hi, The first thing I think of is the contact problem. Please use the provided standoffs to secure the cards. I will like to make 2 experiments: 1) use the command 8mosind to read the card and see the behavior 2) use only 8mosfets card in the stack and repeat the test.
  2. alexburcea

Not Getting 12v Outputs on my 2A/24V Sixteen-Relays Hat

As Wikipedia says, "A relay is an electrically operated switch". You will not get any amplification from a relay but turning on and off the voltage you provide. If you need a card that outputs 0 to 10V, take a look at our Home Automation HAT.
  3. alexburcea

Polling inputs

The update program is a 32bit executable and can not be run on a 64bit os, use update64 (sudo ./update64).
  4. alexburcea

Using the Real Time Clock on the Industrial I/O board

Hi, Exactly for this kind of problem, we create a script that checks the Raspberry connection to the network time and uses Industrial RTC when not present. Check the example on GitHub and let me know if fits your needs.
  5. alexburcea

Polling inputs

Hi, Please update card firmware , instructions here. Now, if opto inputs are changing the GPIO26 will go low for 10ms. We did this way because we need to release the pin for the button which is connected also here. You can use "rpi gpio-in" node. Please set the debounce interval less than 10ms...
  6. alexburcea

Polling inputs

Give us 5 stars :)
  7. alexburcea

unable to install SMioplus

The new OS is not accepting python packages from pypi, you need to use a virtual environment for that but is a complicated solution. The simplest solution is to go to the python folder "cd multiio-rpi/python" and run a manual install "sudo python3 setup.py install" . We did not update the...
  8. alexburcea

Polling inputs

Theoretically yes, this means the raspberry GPIO26 is connected to the local processor but we need to change the firmware for that. Give me few days to make a new firmware release for Home Automation HAT and I will let you know.
  9. alexburcea

8 channel thermocouple board available when?

We should receive new cards in about 2 weeks.
  10. alexburcea

Home automation board old version details?

The opto inputs series resistor (inside the card) is 1k, this means about 10mA when you put 12V at vext. The optocoupler maximum current is 50mA, but the only week part is the series resistor maximum power disipation wich is 100mW. It might work without serries resistor but I recommend to use...
  11. alexburcea

Multi-IO and Node Red

Correct. Thank you.
  12. alexburcea

SM Stack/Node-Red Remote Accessible DAQ and Control

Hi, The Node_RED drivers for this card are in the development but you can use exec node to run multiio command and access all the card features.
  13. alexburcea

Home Automation V4 8-Layer Stackable HAT for Raspberry Pi Analog Inputs pull-up resistors

The best way is to use a op-amp as a buffer (gain =1 ), this will lower your output impedance.
  14. alexburcea

Raspberry Pi 5

Hi, Our cards stays at 19mm from the raspberry and have SMD components on the bottom side, so according to the rpi5 heatsink drawings, will accommodate the fan also.
  15. alexburcea

Home Automation V4 8-Layer Stackable HAT for Raspberry Pi Analog Inputs pull-up resistors

Hi, The card was designed for 10k thermistors. You can remove the resistors from the pcb. if you have the right tools I can send you a picture marking the one must be removed. What type of sensor do you measure so the 15K pull-up modify the value?
  16. alexburcea

relayboard doesn't switch as expected ( solved : wrong repository used)

There is no problem to change a word in the documentation but I am unable the follow your reason for this. Could you be more specific? How this change can help users installing the right library? The product page points you in the right direction
  17. alexburcea

relayboard doesn't switch as expected ( solved : wrong repository used)

Hi, Sorry for the late reply. Please tell me the card version printed on the top side of the PCB. If you have V4.0 or higher the last repository is the one you should use. Please test first with the 8relind command.
  18. alexburcea

Hi, The opto inputs anodes are all connected to OPTO VEXT and cathode to the corresponding channel. So you need to connect OPTO VEXT with +5V (strap between pins 2 and 4 of the header). For easy pins visualization, type "ioplus -pinout" in the terminal.
  19. alexburcea

Look for the squared pad of the home card io header, and you will find the pin 1. The card has python library to access it but I do not know anyone using it with mqtt. I think is more easy to do it in Node-RED if you did not work with mqtt in python.